The majestic Gemsbok - also known as the South African Oryx
~ Updated: 12 November 2019~
Welcome to Klipspringer Studios !
Gowensville, South Carolina -The private web page for
John Paul McGuire
The 2019 Wine Tour to the Cape Region
of South Africa is
15 November through 1 December
Please follow us on this adventure!
I will try to post daily updates on the following link:
Information on this tour is posted on the following link:
I very much enjoy being an amateur photographer. Please click on any of the photography pages to the right to view examples. And below are links to photo-books I have published.
The Steps of Savannah
My latest photo-book
The Steps of Savannah:
Now available for sale at both Amazon and at Blurb. The entire book can be viewed for free at:
The lone Quaker home
"The Down East"
Is now available for sale, and can be viewed and purchased at:
The book is a photo journal of the Down East area of North Carolina - the land between I-95 and the Atlantic Ocean.
Swans Fluttering Wings
"Reflections of Louisiana"
is now available for sale, and can be viewed and purchased at:
Wildflower In Blue
The photo above was taken in the Karabakh region of Armenia. It is one of many wild flowers featured in my photo journal book:
"Where The Wild Flowers Bloom."
The entire book can be viewed and purchased at:
"A Journey Into Lesotho"
A photo-journal of the Kingdom of Lesotho, in Southern Africa:
In my professional life as a Construction Design Professional and a Construction Administrator, I strive for the proper integration of Function, Beauty, Constructability, Cost-Effectiveness and Environment Compatibility;
to create a finished product that is both pleasing and sustainable.
I look upon each project as an extension of the client, and thus consider it to be imperative that the finished product reflect the client's personality, as well as their needs, in a way that enhances their lives and their surroundings.
As a photographer I look to capture the essence of the human spirit, either through personal emotions, or through the legacies we leave behind.
~ We must be in harmony with the world around us. ~
Listed to the right are link pages to various projects I have most recently been involved with. Please feel free to browse at your leisure.
Klipspringer Studios is the outlet for my personal artistic expression, through my professional career as well as through my daily adventures - along with where I can share information on the activities I am involved in. While my activities may center around photography or design services, furniture building, art, writing, or taking people on tours around the world, all of my endeavors are done so in keeping with my personal faith.
* As an avid photographer, I have included examples of the way I view this world - from architectural celebration to the human form.
* As an internationalist, and one concerned with the needs of the less-fortunate, I have been on, and have taken other volunteers on, several hands-on mission to a foreign or domestic location in need.
* As an artist, you may find my artistic expression through conceptual cartography, free-form painting, and texture and graphic relief work to be unique and unusual.
* As a collector of the unique, from furniture to pottery, to textiles, to art work, you may be interested in going on a "Shopping Safari" with me - where you will meet the crafts-persons making the objects you fall in love with, from around the world.
* As a published, architectural designer, I am able to help you design the home of your dreams, or to decorate the space in which you live, to reflect the personality within you.
All photography rights are reserved. No photos contained on this site may be used in any way without permission.
Click on most pictures, from any of the pages, to view an enlarged version.